Re: installing packages within a progress bar, redux

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 10:55:19PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> While talking about this with Joey this evening (edited IRC log
> attached), we agreed that it would be useful to split out a component of
> that hackery into a self-contained program that runs an apt-like
> command, interprets its status output, and transforms it into a progress
> bar. That program could then be used in base-config or tasksel or
> wherever it ends up going.

OK, this is all checked into debconf now as debconf-apt-progress, and
Joey has committed corresponding tasksel changes. I think I've sorted
out the various issues Joey raised after testing it. Joey, I'm good to
go now any time you want to upload debconf.