Re: base-installer - enabling initramfs-tools ?

On Sunday 04 December 2005 07:03, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 11:41:38PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Reason is that, even if initramfs-tools is already installed,
> > 'apt-install <kernel image>' will still pull in yaird and thus yaird
> > will be used to create the initrd.

> I've never seen apt-get behave this way:  the expected behavior is
> indeed that if initramfs-tools is installed, apt-get will not
> automatically pull in yaird for this ORed dependency.  Can you
> reproduce this behavior outside of d-i?

/me hits self with large salami

It turns out the new base-installer was not included in the initrd so I
was in fact not testing Colin's patch (as Sven pointed out correctly).
/me being tired at the time and the similarity of mkinitrd and mkinitramfs
contributed to making me miss this fact.

I've tested again with the correct base-installer and then it behaves as
it should. Sorry for the noise.