Re: Powermac G5 yaboot install failed

    Sven> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 04:50:26PM -0800, john fisher wrote:
    >>

    >> new, non-dual core, dual-proc 2.0 PowerMac G5 latest testing
    >> debian ppc netinstall ( 11-28)
    >>

    >> 1) install base system, chose default kernel 2) write yaboot to
    >> hard disk: error: "failed to install boot loader"
    >>

    Sven> File a bug report against yaboot-installer describing your
    Sven> problem, maybe using the installation report template, but
    Sven> modifying the Package: field to show yaboot-installer.

Hi Sven, John,

IMHO this problem seems related to ofpath in etch not getting /dev/sd*
open firmware names correct with 2.6.12 and later kernels. See #321962.

I've already filed #339561 on this issue but perhaps no one noticed
it. My hardware is exactly the same as Johns as far as I can tell. The
ofpath problem is easily solved by using the version of yaboot in sid
on my machine.

I don't quite understand why yaboot in sid is stuck where it is..?

Cheers!
Shyamal