Re: Powermac G5 yaboot install failed

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 04:50:26PM -0800, john fisher wrote:
> (sorry if this double-posts - something went wrong on our mail
> server...)
>
> new, non-dual core, dual-proc 2.0 PowerMac G5
> latest testing debian ppc netinstall ( 11-28)
>
> no Mac OSX partition ( HFS)
>
> fresh disks for this install...
>
> tried partitioning several different ways, but last try was- with 33k
> Apple partition, 1 meg bootable New World partition, 390 gig ext3
>
> 1) install base system, chose default kernel
> 2) write yaboot to hard disk:
> error: "failed to install boot loader"
>
> looked in /var/log/syslog - nothing of interest I can see.
>
> What should I try?

File a bug report against yaboot-installer describing your problem, maybe
using the installation report template, but modifying the Package: field to
show yaboot-installer.

  http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug

Including maybe information about your /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/device-tree and
maybe some /sys stuff.

Friendly,

Sven Luther