Re: Why no lspci on install disk?

On Friday 02 December 2005 21:57, Ross Boylan wrote:
> The etch beta1 netinst CD doesn't seem to have lspci on it, though the
> installation reports ask for its output.

The assumption is that you will end up with an installed system and be
able to run lspci on that or that you have an old installation you can
run lspci on.
If the installation fails, one option is to use a live CD like Knoppix to
get the info.

> Have I missed something, or is this a bug (or feature)?

It's a current feature we'd like to change at some point (and IIRC there
is an open wishlist bug report for an lspci udeb).

Cheers,
FJP