Re: Yaird, grub and d-i should also support dmraid devices.

On Sunday 06 November 2005 01:23, Marco Amadori wrote:
> As you all know dmraid is now in debian, should be nice to add support
> for it also in partman (d-i) udeb providing and in grub, I done it
> manually so should be possibile to also patch grub-install to handle
> it. Also d-i should be trivial.
>
> CC:ed also maintainers of grub, dm-raid and d-i for seeing their
> interest in supporting this task and asking this question :
>
> " Should I fill also bugs for grub and d-i (for yaird I'm like little
> authorized) ? "

Filing wishlist bugs is an option.
A quicker solution is probably to help implement dmraid in d-i [1].
Working on something like this for d-i typically needs someone who has
the hardware.

We can give you access to the d-i repository fairly quickly, but that is
not really needed at first [2]. If you need help, come to #debian-boot on
irc.debian.org (freenode).

Cheers,
Frans Pop

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer