Re: [Debian-ppc64-devel] i5 install iso?

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:39:08PM +0000, Frank van Berkel wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm wondering if there is already an IBM i5 installer iso in debian country?

Sure :

  http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/current/debian-testing-powerpc-netinst.iso

This is the alpha before the etch-beta1 release, and should work fine, but if
you have any trouble with it, we would really like to know ASAP, so we can
maybe correct it for the beta, or shortly thereafter.

Insert the CD, you will get the yaboot prompt, where you will be able to chose
install64 or something such, the text will tell, and happily install
afterward.

We would be interested to know about the result of this install, both in the
positive or negative case.

There is also the daily netboot images :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc64/netboot64/

Just move all of it at the root of your tftp server and boot the yaboot image
there, altough i think the IBM OF implementation is too broken for it to work
correctly, and maybe you need to move the yaboot.conf under an etc dir or
something.

Please file the installation template at :

  http://www.us.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

Friendly,

Sven Luther