Re: FW: [directfb-dev] Cairo

> They are probably aware of this as Davide and Attilio have bugged the
> maintainer a lot in the last few weeks, afaik.

Yes, dfb people are well aware of it and I almost got to the point where
I feel stupi everytime I try to make clear how important  it would be
for us to have a new upstream official release.
Anyway I'm sure that having dfb backend included in the main cairo
sources would be a major step ahead for debian.

> I think Davide has been testing and working with Mike to solve a few
> problems in gtkdfbm, but more invlolvemt on both sides would be good.

Mike has shown his interest in helping other projects (and d-I in
particular) quite a few times and I think we could
Push for a new official upstream release based on gtk+2.8.x in the near
future, maybe after Frans'
Public announcement of the g-i.

Regards,
Davide
--

A script is what you give the actors. A program is what you give the
audience.