Re: Install with preseeding report / problem with domainname

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 23:56, Christian BAYLE wrote:
> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost       sarge

You do not describe what is bad about this. What exactly fails if you have
this line in etc/hosts?

If you do a netboot with dhcp, I would expect a totally different
situation anyway:
   127.0.0.1         localhost.localdomain   localhost

This is what I get using DHCP. Why are you not getting an outside address?

IIRC the situation you have is only a fallback if network setup fails.

Cheers,
FJP