Re: GTK frontend updated in SVN

Christian Perrier wrote:
Christian, what do you say as our professional user-interface guy?

Hmmm, overflated respect, I'm afraid..:-)

Anyway, my first reaction is similar to yours.

Actually, the very quickly changing messages are not the best thing in
D-I, even with the dialog interface....so unless we completely
redesign things, we should do our best to minimize the visual impact
they have....

I suppose that we could display quickly changing messages like "Installing pacgage xyz" below the progressbar and display relatively static messages like "Installing base system" inside the progressbar. This way we should be able to comply (more or less) with HIG and still be able to display quickly changing text lines. I haven't worked on filan collocation of progressbar yet since i'm now working on a new single MULTISELECT question handler based on GtkTreeView. Before commmitting the new handler i will commit last enhanchements made to the frontend (icons, partman main screen displayed as tree) including a simple swap of progressbar fastly changing and slowly changing text lines, so that anyone can evaluate if this is enough to make the text lines more readable.

ciao

attilio