Re: 2.6.14-1 in incoming, status and future

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 09:47:26AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> We are not using discover2 yet, but discover1, and i thought the way to the
> future was to use hotplug only, as ubuntu did ?

I don't know how Ubuntu handles Xorg configuration, but from what I saw it
still uses discover to figure out the correct video card. This seems to be
the last thing that requires discover. My goal after getting the modular
Xorg ready is to have the Xserver autodetect the proper video driver,
thereby killing its reliance on discover. Hopefully I'll have a chance to
work on this in time for etch, but I'm not certain.

 - David Nusinow