Re: beta release update

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 07:32:00PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Miroslav Kure (kurem@upcase.inf.upol.cz):
> >
> > I did some Czech (both ISO-8859-2 and UTF-8) installs with 20051006
> > netinst iso on i386 -- all went fine, except X keyboard setting.
> >
> > localization-config correctly set
> >    Option    "XkbLayout"     "us,cz_qwerty"
> >
> > in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but forgot to add the second line
> >    Option    "XkbOptions"    "grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
> >
> > so the users can't switch to Czech layout as expected (time to tell
> > them about setxkbmap <g>).
>
> Probably to be reported as a bug against localization-config.

I had a look at the problem more closely and found out that the
culprint is config in xserver-xorg.

At first, it correctly imports preseeded settings from localechooser
(mere cloning debconf variables xserver-xfree86/... to
xserver-xorg/...), but then unconditionaly overwrites
xserver-xorg/config/inputdevice/keyboard/options with some value
constructed in the config script. (Already filled #333960 against
xserver-xorg.)

This has impact on all languages relying on XkbOptions in
localization-config.

--
Miroslav Kure