Re: new index and http://www.us.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status gone

Holger Levsen wrote:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status is gone since
> tuesday, which I also believe is good. (I was about to work on it now, when I
> saw that it doesnt exist anymore :)

It does exist, I only removed the redundant and hard to maintain links
from it.

I would like to see this move to the wiki, or just be replaced by an
automated page such as
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/build-logs.html though.

> Looking for that information on http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer
> I got two ideas:
>
> - move the "Documentation" paragraph up, directly after "News".

Users want image links first, documentation if things go wrong. That's
just how it is.. Even asking them to check DebianInstallerToday for
known issues, as the page does now, is asking too much.

> - split "Installing with the Debian-Installer" into "Installing Sarge with the
> Debian-Installer" and "Installing Sid with the Debian-Installer" - I almost
> overlooked the link to the sarge page... (and when the etch release is
> getting closer, I would also provide links to the etch versions...)

Well, it does start the two paragraphs with the important bit in bold..
I could add <h2>'s, but ..

I moved it to the wiki http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstallerContrib

--
see shy jo