Re: Debian installer todo list item

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 03:27, Matt Kraai wrote:
> Howdy,
> The todo list at
>  http://www.debian.org/devel/todo/
> contains the following entry:

> > Before sarge can be released, we need a completely new and working
> > debian-installer. We particularly need help with architectures aside
> > from i386, and on completing translations to other languages, and
> > documentation. Much work remains to be done in polishing and
> > streamlining the installer. And even testing it on varied hardware
> > and sending in install reports can be a great help to the project.
> >
> > It is also necessary for the Debian-Desktop project to ensure that
> > debian-installer will be accessible to people with little computer
> > knowledge.
>
> This is, if nothing else, outdated.  Would someone with a better
> knowledge of the state of d-i please update this entry or send an
> updated version to debian-www?

my proposal:

Since the release of "Sarge", Debian installations can be made with the new
debian-installer (or d-i for short). We constantly needs help, particularly
with architectures aside from i386, and on completing translations to other
languages, and documentation. Much work remains to be done in polishing and
streamlining the installer as well as adding new features. And even testing it
on varied hardware and sending in install reports can be a great help to the
project. See http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer to learn more.

regards,
	Holger