[solved] GTK frontend - Missing symbols from library reduction

On Sunday 09 October 2005 03:53, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> so , it seems sometimes libc do not contains some needed functions and
> you have to explicitly force symbols to be included inside it.

The missing symbols issue is now solved. It turns out that the Makefile
for d-i did not include all libraries in the list of files that need to
be checked for symbols when calling mklibs.

I have fixed this in my branch for the GTK buildsystem.

The frontend now runs fine with Alastairs udeb, so I have deleted the
gtk-directfb tarball. I have also deleted libc from the root tarball.

Please update your build environment to use latest versions for
everything.

Thanks to Davide and Attilio for providing the information I needed to
track this down.

Cheers,
FJP