Using usertags to process installation reports

Hi all,

At Oldenburg I started working on categorizing installation reports using
the new usertags feature [1] of the BTS. Over the past couple of weeks
I've tagged a few reports using four categories:
- architecture
- release
- installation method
- issue reported

I have found that tagging reports can be done fairly quickly (if you don't
get distracted into following up on a report too).

A first demo of how the tags can be used to build custom views of
installation reports is available [2].
(Only arches for which I've tagged reports are listed for now.)

Please give it a try and let me know if you think it's usefull. IMO a big
advantage is that it makes it easy for porters to see which reports are
for their architecture.

What we need now is some html/cgi wizard to make a nice page to allow easy
selection of views. An important feature should be that it should be easy
to add new tags to a category (using the repository?).
I'm unsure if a second tool to classify reports would be really usefull.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/09/msg00002.html
[2] http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/installation-reports.html

An example of a mail used to tag reports (to: control@bugs.debian.org):
user debian-boot@lists.debian.org
usertag 331685 i386 sarge-r0 full none
usertag 332214 i386 sarge-r0 full boot
usertag 332423 amd64 sarge-r0 netinst none

Below is an overview of the tags I've defined so far. Not all have been
used yet (especially the ones for old releases). I've tried to use
familiar terms that are fairly short.
We may need additional tags for issues, but please do not add random tags
as they would not be supported by the views.

* arch: alpha amd64 arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
  (maybe mips and mipsel could share the same tag "mips"?)
* release:
  - daily
  - sarge-beta1 - sarge-betaX
  - sarge-rc1 - sarge-rc3
  - sarge-r0 : official Sarge release (there may be others)
  - sarge-ext : unoffical Sarge images or images supplied with magazines
  - etch-beta1 ...
* method: floppy cd full netinst bc netboot hd-media tape generic
  (cd: unknown CD type; full: full CD; bc: businesscard CD;
   no distinction between CD and DVD needed IMO)
  (tape/generic are installation methods for s/390)
* issue(s):
  - none: successful installation :-)
  - boot: when user fails to get first debconf screen
  - hw: issues with hardware detection/support in general
  - hw-sata: SATA related problems (as we're seeing a lot of those)
  - hw-cdrom: problems reading CD images
  - netcfg
  - partman
  - debootstrap: problems during base-configuration
  - reboot
  - tasksel
  - usability: comments on usability issues
  - l10n: localization issues
  - ...

(Note: underscores in tags are not allowed; they cause errors in the
classification)