Re: GTK miniiso automated building success reported

On Saturday 01 October 2005 12:00, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> The main problem i had to solve was the continuous chrashing of the FE
> (symptoms: screen flashing continuously): after some experiments it was
> clear that the problem was mainly related to the
> libgtk+-directfb-2.0.so.0 library contained inside
> libgtk+2.0-directfb0-udeb_2.0.9.2-1_i386.
> Vice-versa, including my old hand-made libgtk+-directfb-2.0.so.0 inside
> d-i_gtk_root.tgz, the frontend no longer crashes.

I think this is due to your build environment not being completely Sid.
See my other mail.

> There are also some other non-fatal problems related to the miniiso
> image that i had to solve to make the frontend work
>
> 1) the libc.so.6 included inside the initrd misses some symbols: i've
> replaced the default one with the one from my debian system and 've
> included it inside d-i_gtk_root.tgz

Same problem.

> 2) at boot time kernel parameters "video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=788" are
> missing and so directfb can't work: those parameters need to be added
> in the miniiso config file.

This is now set by default.

> 3) mouse doesn't work (maybe because mouse-modules-2.6.12-1-386 is not
> listed in the package list?)

No, udeb was included (see pkg-lists/gtk-miniiso/i386.cfg), but the
modules were not loaded. This is now taken care off by the rootskel-gtk
udeb.

> So, ATM, the broken piece of the GTK installer is the
> libgtk+2.0-directfb0-udeb_2.0.9.2-1_i386 udeb: when we fix it i'll
> remove libgtk+-directfb-2.0.so.0 and related file from
> d-i_gtk_root.tgz.

I doubt that. I think the problem is on your side. See above.

Cheers,
FJP