Re: a Unix moron installing

On (30/09/05 23:17), Janeque Peterson wrote:
> Alright, so I ran the first installation disk. I now have an operating system that allows me to enter and save text files. How do I install the rest of the OS? Is there a database for this kind of embarrassing problems?

Normally, when installing you are asked whether you want to run a
desktop or server etc.  the alternative is to install the various
packages individually using aptitude.  As root do:

# aptitude install x-window-system-core kdebase

which will get you started.  Alternatively, run aptitude interactively:

# aptitude

which will enable you to explore what packages are available.  Try 'man
aptitude' for further info.

Regards

Clive

--