Re: Cannot boot Debian installer on Sunblade 150

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 17:33, Riccardo Tortorici wrote:
> I'm trying to install debian on a sunblade 150.
> Trying with the ufficial SPARC installer I get the following error on
> booting the netinstaller:
>
> "cramfs: wrong magic number"

Sunblades do not seem to be supported by Sarge's default 2.4.27 kernel.
We have had success reports for the 2.6.8 kernel using the netboot
installation method:
http://wiki.debian.net/?SparcInstallationNotes

> Using the daily installer (testing) with 2.6 kernel, I obtain:
>
> "Remapping the kernel... Fast Instructions Access MMU miss"
>
> Some one knows how to get the installer work? Sorry but I'm not
> familiar with Ultrasparc installations...
> Thx in advance.

That is not very nice, but I can offer no help with this.

Cheers,
FJP