Re: installation fails with taskel 2.31

On Monday 26 September 2005 10:41, nidr wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.no.debian.org/pub/linux/debian-iso/3.1_r0a/i386/iso-cd/

> Now I also downloaded the same iso using the official torrent file.
> Still there is no laptop-detect package in pool/main/l/

If you are using this image, there is now way it can depend on
laptop-detect during the installation.
That CD should have this [1] version of tasksel on it and, as you can see,
that does not depend on laptop-detect. laptop-detect is not available in
Sarge.

My conclusion is that you must be doing something strange to get a more
recent version of tasksel that depends on laptop-detect.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://packages.debian.org/stable/base/tasksel