Re: LAST REMINDER: Debian Installer team meeting TOMORROW

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:40:37 +0200, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 07:13:59AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
>> -status of the graphical installer
>> 			   need Attilio, Colin at the minimum
>
> I really haven't been paying much attention to the gtk frontend lately.

As for me, it's almost the same: after a couple of months of struggle
during the summer, I've been rather busy at work during the last few weeks
and I couldn't follow the developement very closely.

Most of my time was spent following the developement of gtk/directfb:
gtk+ 2.8 has finally been released (actually 2.8.3) and it happened at the
same time as Mike Emmel went on holiday (he's in charge of developing
gtk/direcfb). Haven't heard anything from him since the middle of August:
I'll ping him next week. Anyway: even if the status directfb seems good
enough for the installer, looks like there's a lot of work to do in order
to bring all the related udebs up to date. In the meanwhile Eugeniy gave
an easy and ready solution to simplify testing and developement of the
graphical fe based on a minimal X server: it turned out to be very useful
but it's still not clear what will be used... X or directfb. I'm not sure
I'll be attending tomorrow, since weekends for me are usually away from my
computer; hope to be there

ciao
Davide