Re: a blindunfriendly Sarge installer problem

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 05:28:09PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:13:11AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Well, brltty already builds a .udeb :
> > >
> > > Package: brltty-udeb
> > > Architecture: any
> > > Section: debian-installer
> > >  This is a small version of brltty, optimized for use on boot floppies.
> > >
> > > So, maybe it is only a matter of including it ?
> >
> > This udeb is already included on the speakup floppies. I'm not sure
> > what's involved in getting it to work when booting from those floppies.
>
> It seems to be included in the access images too :
>
> $ grep brltty pkg-lists/*/*
> pkg-lists/access/common:brltty-udeb
> pkg-lists/access/i386.cfg:brltty-modules-${kernel:Version}
>
> Not sure where exactly those get used though, but maybe non-i386 users would
> like to have it too, and maybe we should include it per default in the cdrom
> images at least ?
>
> The brltty .udeb is 88k on i386, and the brltty modules seem are :
>
> brlvger
> belkin_sa
>
> on powerpc belkin_sa is 15k or so, and brlvger is not built, i wonder why
> though.

Attention, important:
take care of the fact that brlvger was the USB driver for the Voyager
dispalys under kernel 2.4, NOT 2.6.

The majority of displays still uses serial connection, but each new
braille display comes of course more and more under USB.

Osvaldo La Rosa.