Re: Linux 2.6.12-6 uploaded and built on all arches, waiting testing migration and futur upload plan.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 11:59:41PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 08:08:45PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > > Getting a useable kernel into testing is a prerequsite for making the
> > > installer use it, not the other way around.
>
> > sure, will happen as soon as it gets hinted in.
>
> I guess my previous message wasn't clear.  I'm fine with bumping the
> urgency of linux-2.6 to get it into testing, but I don't see any reason
> to override britney's judgement regarding the out-of-date hppa packages.
> Please get an ftp-master to rene the old binaries, and then linux-2.6
> can go into testing.

No i don't understan you at all. You are saying that those renamed kernel
packages are only in sid, and not in etch, so how could they have an influence
on the transition of those packages to etch ? But i guess i simply
misunderstood you about this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther