Re: Installation on Sony Vaio VGN-A417[S|M]: Opinions

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:56:15AM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> Yes it does. 2d only (same for the X600).

I will have to look at that backport then.  I had to load radeonfb and
run X fbdev on top (which mean the console became unreadable) and then
unload and restore the vga text mode when exiting X.

It would be nice if ATI wouldn't call the Mobility the same as a desktop
chip since it is confusing when both are X300 or X600 and are not
compatible at all in the driver. :)

Len Sorensen