Re: AMD Netbootinstall doesn't work

On Thursday 08 September 2005 16:06, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/amd64/current/deb
> >ian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
> >
> > which doesn't work. 2 weeks ago I tried it before and it was the
> > same. The site
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status states that
> > it is working correct, which isn't true in my opinion.
> > When booting the CD, you get an boot prompt from ISOLINUX boot:
> > and the kernel can't be foundd. Linux, Linux26, etch
> > or whatever its name should be can't be found.
>
> I think I read yesterday that testing images are currently known to be
> broken on all architectures.  Use a sarge image or a sid/unstable image
> and it should work.

That's not quite correct. Images in cdimage-testing/etch_d-i are known to
be broken. However, images in cdimage-testing/daily, which is the same as
cdimage-testing/sid_d-i, should be OK except for issues listed on [1].

Anes: the name of the boot images should be "install", "expert", "rescue"
with "install" the default if you just press enter.

If there really is a problem with the current images for AMD64, please
file an installation report [2].

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianInstallerToday