Re: Bug #320916 - /lib/libdebian-install.so.4 not after 'base-installer' selected

(even if a bug is closed, you can still reply to <bugnr>@bugs.debian.org)

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 18:55, John Morrissey wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 12:53:32PM -0400, John Morrissey wrote:
> > Bug #320916 is marked as done, but as of yesterday I'm seeing the
> > same symptoms in a netboot install that was working a few days ago.
> >
> > The syslog complains that archdetect requires
> > /lib/libdebian-installer.so.4: version `LIBDI_4.5' and halts the
> > install.
>
> I should add that this isn't with a daily build, as mentioned in the
> bug. I'm using the images in
> debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/debian-in
>staller/i386/
>
> Am I missing something?

No, we did (at least partially).
- You cannot install etch or sid with a Sarge netboot image
- etch_di images are currently broken because of multiple
  transitions/updates and likely to remain that way until we start to
  really prepare the next beta release of d-i

If you want to install Etch, you should use a "daily" or "sid_di" image
(these are currently synonymous).