Re: Language "categories" for localechooser

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 18:48, Christian Perrier wrote:
> In ASCII-only we can only display English and maybe some very rare
> languages (actually, I think that maybe Basque, Tagalog and Malagasy
> fall into this, besides English)

Let's keep this limited to English and not add other languages that also
qualify "by accident".

> What about the line between 0 and 1?

I think the proper test would be: arch=s390 or "serial console". This
means that [ "$TERM" = "dumb" || "$TERM_TYPE" = "serial" ] should work.

Note: the existing tests for serial console are in need of improvement
(see #221602 and #287932).