Preseeing w/o asking a question

Hi,

I'm trying to get preseeding to work fully automatically (again: I was looking
at this in the past, but my priorities shifted).

When in the second-stage (after the boot), you're prompted for the root
password.  Is there *any* way of preseeding this?

One solution might be to lock/disable the root password and allow people in
through sudoers file.  Is that currently possible?

Also, I've a script that's run as base-config/late_command.  This works, but
causes the installer to halt at the second-final stage stage of the install.
Simply pressing enter causes the installer the rerun the script and pause at
the same point.

I have to manually select the last stage (something like: exit installer) for
the installation to complete.  Is there any way to prevent the installation
stalling at this point?

Cheers,

Paul.