Re: Building UDEBs for drivers

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 08:31:32AM +0100, David Goodenough wrote:
> As a matter of interest, if the machine has no floppy drive is the capability
> generalised so that extra drivers can be loaded from USB memory stick and
> other such places (ZIP drives, Compact Flash etc).?

Yes, the floppy-retriever appears to allow mounting any arbitrary block
device in lieu of a floppy if /dev/floppy/0 is not available.

I don't know if it's feasible to use a driver CD for this.  That would
depend on whether the install CD is mounted at the time, which in turn
depends on whether the CD drive has gotten autodetected before there's a
chance to ask the installer to look for the additional driver disk.