Re: Debian testing ('Etch') CD Set

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 12:44:11PM -0700, Allyn, MarkX A wrote:
> I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask about this issue,
> but I have noticed that when I did a jigdo download for the Debian
> 'testing' or 'Etch' release, that the files seem to be the same
> revisions as the production release. I also notice that the jigdo
> files at:
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/cd/jigdo-area/i386/
>
> are dated June 7, 2005.
>
> I have also notice that the testing release on cdimage.debian.org,
> which are supposed to come out weekly, have a time stamp of May
> 30, 2005. The URL that I used was
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/weekly/
>
> Is there another place where I am supposed to see Debian 'testing' or
> 'Etch' CD iso's?
>

> How often are we supposed to be releasing testing CD's?

Fairly frequently, just before a release occours.  I think a bunch of
stuff is changing right now, so things may be too broken for anyone to
bother making full CD sets right now, but that's just a guess on my
part.  There are netinst images built regularly though.  Since that's
what most people should be using, that is pretty decent.

Len Sorensen