Re: Ping command not available on debian network install CD

On Friday 05 August 2005 19:10, Allyn, MarkX A wrote:
> I notice that the ping command is not available on
> the debian network install CD.
>
> Is this intended, or is it because the network install cd
> is still in testing.

This is intended. Use wget instead to test networking.

The network install CD is not "in testing" as such. The daily builds of
the netinst CD are snapshots that mirror current development.
However, there is also a "stable" version of the netinst CD available from
[1] (and that also does not have ping).

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/debian-installer/