Re: Sarge with HP LH6000

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:45:32PM +0800, liu wei wrote:
> I'am having a problem with installing Debian Sarge 3.1 on
> my HP LH6000 server.
> The problem in my opinion is that sarge doesn't detect the megaraid
> controller on my system.
> Is there a special boot option to install Sarge,
> or how can i install sarge on my system

A number of megaraid users have need an install disc with a newer kernel
to get megaraid working it seems.  Some cards just don't work with the
drivers in 2.6.8/2.4.27 which is what the sarge installer uses.

A few options are:
Install to another controller, upgrade kernel, then transfer the install
to the megaraid
Use an install disc with a newer kernel if you can find one (I have so
far only made one for amd64, not i386, although perhaps I should
consider doing so)

Len Sorensen