Re: Sarge installer with Areca support

Dick Visser wrote:
> I have created a custom Sarge ISO that supports the Areca RAID controller:
>
> http://www.tienhuis.nl/areca/
>
> Today I have updated it so that both 2.4 and 2.6 installer kernels support
> the controller.
>
> All my previous attempts worked OK but they did not recognize the
> controller cards automagically, so you had to go CTRL-ALT-F2 and modprobe
> the stuff by hand. Turned out I had to hack the
> /usr/share/discover/pci.lst file and put proper entries in (tab
> delimited!). Now it works like a charm.

I've added a new page to the wiki to list d-i based images and have
included your images there.
http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianInstallerCustomImages

Now that you've successfuly modified the installer, any improvements you
have to the docs on doing so would be really nice to contribute back.

--
see shy jo