Re: sata troubles

Le lundi  1 août 2005, Nicolas Bertolissio écrit :
> Le lundi  1 août 2005, Frans Pop écrit :
> > On Monday 01 August 2005 21:57, Nicolas Bertolissio wrote:
> > > I've tried linux26 and expert26 but it cannot detect my harddrive,
> > > saying that ide-mod, ide-probe-mod, ide-detect and ide-floppy modules
> > > are missing.
> > > I've tried loading only ide-generic, ide-cd and iso9660 in expert26
> > > mode but it didn't help.
> > >
> > > can I try something else or must I wait for new version of daily build
> > > with a new kernel and more sata modules?
> >
> > The daily builds have just been upgraded to using the 2.6.12 kernel.
> > Also, a newer version of discover (1.2005.07.31) has just been uploaded
> > yesterday and should be on the daily netinst CDs in a few days.
> > Both these changes could help you.
>
> ok, thanks

this is half solved with the daily build I have just doanloaded:
with linux26, after network configuration, I have a red screen "Detect
hardware / Installation step failed", I have to manually select "Load
installer components from CD" and select "disk-detect"

> > It may be that modules needed for your controller are not loaded
> > automatically. Try to find out what modules are needed and load them
> > manually from VT2 using modprobe.
>
> I tried this also, with the module list from knoppix, but it didn't
> help, I'll try other modules anyway

then I choose "Detect disks" and I have to manually select the "ahci"
module.

I then have the following warning:
Partition disks
This partitionner doesn't have information about the default type of
partition tables on your architecture. Please send an e-mail message to
debian-boot@lists.debian.org with information.
Please not that if the type of partition table is unsupported by
libparted, then this partitionner will not work properly.

What kind of information do you need?

I can erase the actual partition table as I don't want to use ms
windows.
Can I create a new partition table safely? i.e. of course, I will lose
all actual data but what about the new one? I'm not sure I understand
"this partitionner will not work properly", does that mean it can break
the actual data or that even the new partition table may not work
properly?

Regards

Nicolas