Re: Problem with Debian Sarge installation

(Already sent to submitter; sending to list for history.)

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 12:08, Arash Hesami wrote:
> Secondly, my problem with Debian installation has occured when I
> install it and it reboots for the second round of installation. I have

So the installation up to the reboot was completely successful?

> tasted with both ways such as "linux26" and "expert26" but the results
> are the same.

Yes, that is expected.

> I have disabled LAN card on BIOS but again it freeze when
> it comes to recognizing Ethernet (Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE
> 1394 Host Controle)
>
> Here's a shot of the problem on my laptop:
> http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/enigme77/debian1.jpg

From the lines at the top of your screenshot, it looks like the problem is
with the i810-audio module.
Please check http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=298623 and
related bug reports, and see if the workaround suggested there works for
you.

You may also try blacklisting modules that are loaded during boot (for
both discover and hotplug). you can also try disabling discover
altogether by renaming /etc/init.d/discover to /etc/init.d/discover_

The d-i FAQ question 28 [1] shows how you can change the configuration of
the installed system.

> Thirdly, when I am trying to install it with Kernel 2.4, it says;
> usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs
>  usb.c: registered new driver hub
>  usb-uhci.c: $Revision: 1.275$
>  usb-uhci.c: High bandwith mode enable