sata troubles

Hi,

please cc:

I'm trying to install Sarge and Sid on my brand new Dell 9100
I've googled a bit and read archives from july, it seems not to be very
easy to make this work, anyway I don't want to activate windows license,
so I'm really determined to have Debian installed :)

I've tried business card and netinst cd from Sarge d-i and daily build
(downloaded today 2005-08-01 08:03 +0200).

I've tried linux26 and expert26 but it cannot detect my harddrive,
saying that ide-mod, ide-probe-mod, ide-detect and ide-floppy modules
are missing.
I've tried loading only ide-generic, ide-cd and iso9660 in expert26 mode
but it didn't help.

I've tried Knoppix 3.9 which works very well and I can access my to be
erased windows partitions, and as knoppix is derivated from Debian, I
assume I must be able to have my harddrive detected.

you'll find the result of the following commands run in knoppix
attached:
lsmod
lspci -v
lspci -n

can I try something else or must I wait for new version of daily build
with a new kernel and more sata modules?

Regards

Nicolas