Re: modify default hostname of a netinst

On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:22:10 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> You can preseed netcfg/get_hostname to change the default, although

I tried this a few weeks ago, but this sets the hostname and
the user is not prompted anymore.  Am I doing sth. wrong?

> there is still an error case that explicitly falls back to "debian".
> (The Ubuntu package currently patches that to "ubuntu", which is of
> course just more hardcoding ...)

It would be nice, to be able to set the default without
having to patch/recompile netcfg.  For rare error cases,
a fallback to "debian" is acceptable, IMHO, even for CDDs.

Cheers, WB