Re: debian-installer questions (floppy,cd)

Michael wrote:
> Yes, I will be glad to provide answers to my slew of questions in concise
> words.
> There are really only two golden nuggets to my questions, these are:
> 1) Disable detection of 'sata_sil' through the use or expert or expert26.
> 2) DHCP tinkering. I finally got DHCP to work by connecting the ethernet
> cable to the NIC. I will leave it at that as this is really all there is to
> know in regards to DHCP configuration.

I think it would be useful if you could file a proper installation
report with enough hardware details for your machine so we can try to
figure out why it wants to load sata_sil and/or why that module caused
problems. The dhcp problem seems uninteresting. :-)

The installation report template is here if you have the time:

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

--
see shy jo