Re: GTK X frontend now working!

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 08:13:45PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 08:23:01PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Quoting Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org):
> > > When you commit to svn, one commit per major functional change is
> > > definitely the way to go, rather than one huge commit with everything.
> >
> > But, at least, one huge commit at the beginning for the whole stuff
> > seems the way to go..:-)
>
> The GTK frontend has a good deal of existing code and existing history.
> I'd rather not have that obliterated by one enormous commit. :-)

The

  Yesterday my laptop hdd crashed: moments of panic (no backups available!

scared me. Having the GTK FE in SVN means having backups all over the
world.

attilio,

ask your friend to check in your source tree in a "branch"
and move it from there into "trunk" with the nice comments Colin
requested.

HTH
Geert Stappers