Re: Merging partman

[Colin Watson]
> I have some cause to think about creating a .deb of partman: it would be
> useful in a live CD installer that wants to do autopartitioning using
> the same code as is used in the regular installer.

If someone have a look at autopartitioning, please have a look at the
algorithm used in autopartkit (distribute.c), and try to make the same
or similar logic available in partman.

I'm not convinved autopartkit is worth keeping in the future, but
believe the algorithm used to scale partition sizes based on the
available hard drive space is sensible to keep.