Re: What for termwrap resets console encoding on exit?

Quoting Nikita V. Youshchenko (yoush@cs.msu.su):

> Last message to the bug is more than half-year old.
> Bug is still there.
> *sigh*

Essentially because base-config is considered frozen for a while and
Joey prefers not changing its behaviour drastically while we have
sarge release in mind. Remember that sarge release is targeted, from
the installer point of view, since RC1, ie late July 2004.

Joey's "conservatism" has been one of the biggest guarantees for the
good stabilization of d-i, so I will be the last blaming him for
delaying changes even when I think they're needed.