Install Manual - URL update suggestions

Hi,

While reading the Install Manual I found some URL references that could
be updated.  I was going to provide a patch but am not sure of the
consequences that changing the entities in urls.ent might have.  I
don't mind making a patch if that would be better.  Also had some minor
questions about content, but will save that for a different mail.

This explains the format used in the the following paragraphs:
x.x Title               # Install Manual section.
One or more lines       # Quoted from the Install Manual.
  Indented lines        # My comments regarding the quoted text.

1.1. What is Debian?
originally funded by the Free Software Foundation and...
  The link for FSF in that sentence leads to
  http://www.fsf.org/fsf/fsf.html,
  which states, "Our home page has moved", then a link goes to
  http://www.fsf.org/

1.8. Your Documentation Help is Welcome
Any help, suggestions, and especially, patches, are greatly appreciated.
Working versions of this document can be found at
http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/i386/. There you will find a list
of all the different architectures and languages for which this document
is available.
  The link to http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/i386/ goes to the
  English version of Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide, is that intended?
  If the intent was to show the "different architectures and languages",
  should the link go to http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/ instead?

2.6. Network Connectivity Hardware
... but see Linux on MCA for some (old) instructions, and the Linux MCA
discussion archives.
  The link to "Linux MCA discussion archives" works, but it doesn't appear
  to have any content.  The link is http://www.dgmicro.com/linux_frm.htm

3.6.1. Invoking the BIOS Set-Up Menu
Information on invoking other BIOS routines can be found in
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/install.html.
  The mini HOWTOs have been move in with the other HOWTOs, the link is now:
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/install.html.

3.3.1.1. Installation Manual
This file you are now reading, in plain ASCII, HTML or PDF format.
install.en.txt
install.en.html
  The "install.en.html" link points to:
  http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/install.en.html
  but that link gives a 'Not Found' error, maybe the link should be to:
  http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/index.html

6.3.4.3. Install the LILO Boot Loader on a Hard Disk
...if you have special needs; also see the LILO mini-HOWTO.
  The link points to
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/LILO.html
  'mini' has been removed so should be
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LILO.html

7.3. Log In
In addition, there are some special folders within the /usr/share/doc/
hierarchy. Linux HOWTOs are installed in .gz format, in
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/ and /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/mini/.
  The 'mini' HOWTOs have been moved to the same directory with the other
  HOWTOs, so the reference to 'mini' can be removed.

7.3. Log In
You can also take a look at the User-Friendly Unix FAQ.
  The link Points to
  http://www.camelcity.com/~noel/usenet/cuuf-FAQ.htm
  which gives a 'not found' error. Also, the User-Friendly FAQ looks
  like it was last updated in 1997.  Would the following FAQ list (or one
  of them) be better?  A link to the User-friendly FAQ is included.
  http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/

B.5. Debian Partitioning Programs
The original Linux disk partitioner, good for gurus; read the fdisk manual
page.
  The 'fdisk manual page' links to
  http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/fdisk.txt
  which causes a 'not found' error.

B.5. Debian Partitioning Programs
... See the Linux+FreeBSD HOWTO
  Which links to http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+FreeBSD-2.html
  should be changed to http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+FreeBSD-2.html
  because 'mini' HOWTOs are no longer separate.

B.5. Debian Partitioning Programs
... A simple-to-use, full-screen disk partitioner for the rest of us;
read the cfdisk manual page.
  The 'cfdisk manual page' links to:
  http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/cfdisk.txt
  which causes a 'not found' error.

B.5. Debian Partitioning Programs
More information can be found in the Linux Partition HOWTO and...
  The link to 'Linux Partition HOWTO', which is
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Partition/
  Probably should be changed to
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition/index.html
  (mini HOWTOs are no longer separated)

B.5. Debian Partitioning Programs
...the Phoenix BIOS FAQ, ...
  The link to 'Phoenix BIOS FAQ' at:
  http://www.phoenix.com/pcuser/BIOS/biosfaq2.htm
  shows a 404 error, but a 'BIOS FAQ' is located at:
  http://www.phoenix.com/en/Customer+Services/BIOS/BIOS+FAQ/default.htm

Hope that helps.

--
Doug Jensen