Re: AS400 (4 CPUs) and debian-installer ?

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 02:42:48AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> for around 14 month I have installed 5 AS400 with Debian and the aide
> of a selfcompied tarball which I have downloaded from the IBM Website.
>
> Now I have gotten some more and I like to know, whether the debian-
> installer support the AS400 or not, because I do not like to wast
> resources (not mine, but the ISO-Servers) while downloading CD Images
> which do not work for me.

Does that read:

| Hello *,
|
| for around 14 month I have installed 5 AS400 with Debian and the aide
| of a selfcompied tarball which I have downloaded from the IBM Website.
|
| Now I have gotten some more and I like to do debian-installer support
| for the AS400. I have the resources to do it. Will Debian supply
| resources on the ISO-Servers for AS400 CD Images?

Every good idea has to start somewhere.
Please go ahead and let the idea grow.
You know the humble announce of "Linux" by Linus Torvalds,
you could doing now the same. However you have a disadvantage,
AS400 hardware (iSeries) are rare.

Contact me if you have something to put on
 http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/images/
moving to ISO-servers is another step.

> Greetings and nice Sunday
> Michelle