Re: GUI

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 11:28:26PM -0700, Zulkhar nain wrote:

> Sir I have installed Debian latest version on my pentium IV 1GbRAM 160GB HDD

What does "latest version" mean?  Two "versions" of Debian receive constant
updates: Sid (unstable) and Sarge (testing).

> now the problem is I do not get GUI mode of it
> I can access only shell commands (termial)

I'm assuming you mean that after installation, the GUI doesn't start
automatically.  What if you type "startx" at the command line?  If that
doesn't work, what appears on your screen?

What's the output of the command "dpkg --get-selections | grep dm"?  How
about "dpkg --get-selections | grep xfree"?
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading