Re: Sparc CD images: cramfs: wrong magic

On March 15, 2005, Geert Stappers wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 07:27:55PM +0000, J. David Blackstone wrote:

> > > Yes, the current builds are have succeeded in the past week on both
> > > ultra 5 and some sparc3w2 machine (forget which one). The images seem
> > > fine, you're probably experiencing a silo problem.
> >
> > Any suggestions on what to do?  Look for an earlier build?
> > Burn a new ramdisk to a second CD and attempt to mount it?
> > Wait for a newer build?  Special options to SILO?
>
> Confirm that your Blade 100 has a Sparc CPU
> (and not an Intel i386 CPU )

  Thanks, but it is definitely not a CPU problem.  I installed Solaris/Sparc on the machine last week, and it works fine.  (For some deficient definition of "fine" that encompasses running CDE and being miserable to work with.)  It would never have gotten as far as it did in the boot process for Linux if it were not a Sparc machine.

jdb