Re: Sparc CD images: cramfs: wrong magic

On March 15, 2005, Joey Hess wrote:

> J. David Blackstone wrote:
> >   Has anyone successfully installed on any Sparc machine using recent
> >   current builds of the installer CD?  How about on a Blade 100?
>
> Yes, the current builds are have succeeded in the past week on both
> ultra 5 and some sparc3w2 machine (forget which one). The images seem
> fine, you're probably experiencing a silo problem.

  Any suggestions on what to do?  Look for an earlier build?  Burn a new ramdisk to a second CD and attempt to mount it?  Wait for a newer build?  Special options to SILO?

  I'm a stranger to UltraLinux (and thus SILO), but have installed and used Debian on PPC several times.

Thanks,
jdb