Re: d-i talk @ debconf5 (was Re: debconf5: d-i debcamp & workshop/talk

Hi,

see http://comas.linux-aktivaattori.org/debconf5/general/proposals/42

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 00:42, Joey Hess wrote:
> Thanks for coordinating this. I fear we may have some difficulty fitting
> all this in 45 minutes with a reasonable Q&A period too, but I guess we
> can always cut it down when we get together to work on it. :-)

We should "get together" to work on it way before debconf5, btw :-) If our
talk is accepted (April 1st), we have to submit a paper until June 1st.
So I would propose to meet sometime in April on IRC and discuss who will
present/work on which topic...

- history (boot-floppies, 2002-2005, the d-i-team consisting of developers and
translators)
- design (debconf (preseeding), udebs, main-menu, different boot-medias and
levels)
- development (communication, branches, testing d-i, ...)
- i18n (status-quo, howto, goals)
- BTS (using it, helping us), manual, wiki (how to use it, how not)
- future plans and goals (this will be worked out during debcamp)

This are six main topics, so each is roughly eight minutes, and I think
"history" and "future" will be somewhat shorter.

regards,
 Holger