Re: Proposal to remove archs

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Ben Collins wrote:

As the silo maintainer (upstream and debian package) I would have hoped to
be included in any problems with it.

Someone want to enlighten me on the issues affecting sarge?

Hi Ben,

A good place to start is the silo bug page in BTS. It currently has 5 open release-critical bugs (one is the missing build-deps on sparc-utils, which is really easy to fix). The other four, in my opinion, are the most serious problems faced by sparc port currently. Unfortunately, they are way over my head and I don't have access to any hardware with these bugs, so your input on them would be most welcome. Others, off the top of my head are:

* CMD646 and ALI IDE drivers not working as modules in 2.4.27 kernel. The CMD646 has been compiled in to partially resolve the issue, but it would be nice to figure out why it fails.

* 2.6 netboot images not working on sparc32. Looks like it is corrupting initrd in the process of moving it to the ramdisk.

* Annoying recurring keymap problems on the console and in X.

* Issues with USB keyboards (might be the same problem as previous one, might be something different).

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org