Re: tulip_cb support?

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Walter Landry wrote:
> > I have an old Thinkpad 570.  It has no CD, only a floppy and USB.  I
> > also have a Linksys Etherfast 10/100 Cardbus PC Card.  The BIOS does
> > not support booting with USB, but I can boot with a floppy and either
> > just use the root and net-drivers floppy, or plug in a 256 MB USB key
> > with the netinst iso.  However, it turns out that neither method has
> > support for the Linksys PCMCIA card.  As far as I can tell, the reason
> > is that the pcmcia-modules .udeb does not have the tulip_cb module.
>
> The tulip_cb module is part of the nic-pcmcia-modules udeb.

Well, after loading the drivers from the floppy, there is
no tulip_cb.o in

  /lib/modules/2.4.27-1-386/kernel/drivers/net/pcmcia

Moreover, if I download

  nic-pcmcia-modules-2.4.27-2-386-di_1.04_i386.udeb

and unpack it, I don't see tulip_cb there either.  I see other
drivers, but not tulip_cb.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu