From: Frans Pop [mailto:aragorn@tiscali.nl]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:41 AM
To: Jeff Mikels
Cc: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: installing from hard drive and network

(Please follow up to debian-boot list so other people may be able to help
as well.)

On Thursday 10 March 2005 00:47, you wrote:
> Thanks for helping...
>
> * I'm using sarge
> * system currently runs win98 in a ~1G partition.
> * Linux Swap (40MB) and Linux (~1G) partitions are already set up
> (ranish partition manager)
> * Network card is PCMCIA by Xircom
>
> I have downloaded the sarge hd-media files and have an install.bat that
> goes like this:
>
> c:\linux\loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/ram0 devfs=mount,dall
> ramdisk_size=12000 initrd=initrd.gz

Looking at the documentation for loadlin, I think the "root=/dev/ram0"
parameter may be wrong, although the documentation is not completely
consistent.

Could you try with just /dev/ram0?
Could you also try with /dev/ram and /dev/rd/0 (both with root= and
without I guess to make sure)?